Select a $50 e-gift card and apply coupon code UBER10 at checkout.
This deal requires an American Express credit card that earns Membership Rewards points and possibly Amazon Prime.
Amazon is offering 20% off your order, up to a $100 discount, when you use Membership Rewards points to pay for at least part of your purchase. The Cliff’s Notes is that this is even working on Amazon gift cards, as long as you buy at least $100 worth of third-party gift cards (e.g. AirBnB, Lyft, Netflix, Safeway, Starbucks, Southwest Airlines, Uber, Whole Foods, etc.).
Here are the steps:
- If you do not already have an American Express card with Membership Rewards linked to your account, add one now and activate Shop with Points at this link.
- Visit this link and click on “Click to activate.” The vast majority of people will get a success message here, though a few people are being told they are not eligible. If it says you are not eligible, sorry, you’re not eligible.
- Add at least $100 of third-party gift cards or regular purchases to your cart. Amazon has a ton of options for third-party gift cards.
- Add as much Amazon.com gift card to your cart as you want, up to a total $500 purchase to receive the maximum discount of $100.
- Go to checkout, choose your American Express card, and you should see an option if you scroll down to Shop with Points. The default is to pay with as many points as possible. Don’t do that. Set it to $0.01 (1 point).
- The checkout page should now update to show your 20% discount, and you can complete your order.
The terms do say “Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards or third-party gift cards,” but it is working. At some point they might end the promotion or cancel orders, but I’ve already received my purchase. Order quickly, and it should work for you too.
- Offer ends March 28, 2018
- Single purchase must be $250 or more
- Must pay with an eligible Visa card with Visa Checkout
- Limit one (1) statement credit per card and per member
- Not valid for orders at the online pharmacy, Costco Travel (Costcotravel.com), Costco Business Delivery (Costcobusinessdelivery.com), CostcoGrocery Same-Day powered by Instacart (sameday.costco.com) or the online Costco Photo Center (costcophotocenter.com)
- Statement credit will be applied to your Visa account balance approximately 6-8 weeks after the qualifying purchase
The terms do not exclude gift cards, so you should be able to order $250 of Costco Cash. There is no $250 denomination, so you’ll want to buy either two $125 gift cards or one for $200 and another for $50.
Note that while Visa checkout does allow other credit card types like Mastercard, this promotion specifically states that a Visa card must be used.
Also, make sure you use Visa Checkout! Just paying normally with a Visa card won’t work.
If you’ve never used VISA Checkout, sign up here first.
Also, make sure you log out of your gap.com account if you have one. For some reason VISA Checkout doesn’t show up if you’re logged in.
Use coupon codes DEAL and FREE4FALL to get 40% off and free shipping. Socks should be $1.19 + tax after both codes are applied.
I’ve done VISA Checkout deals before, and it usually takes a few days for them to send me the promotion/award, so don’t expect the $15 eGift right away. I don’t see any minimum purchase in their terms, so this should work. Worst case you bought a pair of baby socks for a buck.
*To receive a free $15 Gap Inc. “Options” e-gift card, you must make a qualifying merchandise purchase at either www.gap.com, www.bananarepublic.com, www.oldnavy.com, or www.athleta.com from 9/14/2017 at 12:01 am ET to 09/30/2017 at 11:59 pm ET and use Visa Checkout as the payment method. Only valid in the U.S. & Puerto Rico. Limit one offer per customer. Qualifying purchase excludes gift cards, packaging, shipping & handling, and taxes. Offer valid while supplies last. Offer is non-transferrable and not for resale. Terms and conditions of Gap Inc. e-gift cards available at: https://gap.cashstar.com/about/terms_and_conditions/. E-gift cards will be fulfilled by Gap Inc. or its agent and sent to the email address used to place the Visa Checkout order.
Update: The promotional credit is only valid towards qualifying items sold through Amazon.com and expires on August 26, 2017.
You should see a note at checkout saying, “Your first $25 Amazon.com gift card purchase today qualifies you for an Amazon.com credit. A $5 promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account and emailed to you within two (2) days after shipping,” which confirms you’ve activated the offer.
Same deal as I posted yesterday, but they’ve added Ebay gift cards now.
Samsung Pay currently has a promotion for 20% off gift cards. To purchase, open the app, click Gift Cards, Add, and Buy Gift Cards.
I could not find the terms and conditions, but the typical restrictions are no more than two gift cards per 24 hours and no more than $500 in face value purchased during the promotion.
Overstock.com and Toys R Us are the most useful gift cards, in my opinion; however, Applebee’s, Domino’s, Famous Footwear, Gymboree, Miguel’s Restaurants, Regal Entertainment Group, and rue21 are also on sale.
Wait 5 minutes between purchases if you’d like to earn Samsung Rewards on both orders.
Enter code BIGTHANKS at checkout for $8.63 off $50 (they’re rounding up).
The code should work on anything sold by Amazon, including third-party gift cards, such as Staples, Lowe’s, etc.
They have a $25 denomination on sale too if you don’t want $50. For the $25, you need to use code EMCFGFH22 at checkout to get 50% off.